Houzz expands its robust offering for the design community
with business management software
Houzz Inc., the leading platform for home renovation and design, today announced the launch of Ivy, the fastest-growing business and project management platform for interior design firms and other home design companies, in the UK. Ivy empowers designers with cutting-edge technology and solutions to everyday pain points so that they can more easily focus on the creative side of their business. Strong local demand for the Ivy offering prompted its expansion into the UK.
Ivy provides designers with a number of tools to help them run their business, including:
- Project management: Ivy’s Project Tracker enables designers to manage the products and services for a project in one place, making it easier to track the many moving pieces.
- Proposals and time tracking: Designers can send customised proposals, tear sheets, invoices and purchase orders through the Ivy platform. Time and expense entries can also be managed in one dashboard.
- Product sourcing: Ivy’s Product Clipper enables designers to save all of the product specs and imagery for a project in their product library, eliminating the need for manual copying, pasting and downloading product information. Ivy’s Room Boards tool enables designers to conceptualise and compile products and services by room for current and potential clients.
- Vendor purchase management: Ivy’s dashboard also tracks order status across all projects — from purchased to shipped to delivered — in one place.
- On-the-go access: The Ivy app for iPhone, iPad and Android empowers designers to manage multiple projects in one place and on the go with features including task management, real-time expense and time tracking, talk-to-text note taking and more. Using augmented reality (AR), the app also captures and stores, with its built-in room measurement tool, accurate project dimensions for designers to reference when selecting products for a room.
- Community connections: Ivy’s powerful community helps designers exchange industry ideas, ask questions and empower fellow designers.
“We are delighted to bring Ivy to UK-based designers and provide them with a centralised platform on which to run an organised and efficient business,” said Alex Schinasi, Ivy co-founder. “We’ve fully localised the platform for the UK, and will provide members with local service representatives. Ivy was built specifically to serve designers’ unique business needs and we look forward to building a strong Ivy community in this design-focused market.”
Ivy, which launched in the U.S. in 2016, was acquired by Houzz in March 2018 to provide home professionals with software that helps them run their businesses more efficiently, effectively and profitably. Since then, Ivy has become the most used business management software by design firms in the U.S., growing to 5,500 member firms.
Houzz provides more than 90,000 active home professionals in the UK with the tools they need to showcase their work, collaborate with clients, connect with potential new clients and, with Ivy, manage their business.
Ivy is the fastest-growing business management software for interior design firms and other home design companies. The platform brings the trade industry into the modern age by streamlining and automating a firm’s workflow and business operations including procurement, client billing, vendor purchasing and time tracking. This ensures that the entire project lifecycle, including profit and loss reporting, are all managed in one easy-to-use application. Ivy has built a thriving community around its platform, including an online forum, trade magazine, educational webinars and member meetups across the United States. Ivy is a subsidiary of Houzz Inc., with teams in New York, San Francisco, Irvine, Nashville and Tel Aviv. For more information, visit ivy.co.
Houzz is the leading platform for home renovation and design, providing people with everything they need to improve their homes from start to finish – online or from a mobile device. From decorating a small room to building a custom home and everything in between, Houzz connects millions of homeowners, home design enthusiasts and home improvement professionals across the country and around the world. With the largest residential design database in the world and a vibrant community empowered by technology, Houzz is the easiest way for people to find inspiration, get advice, find products and hire the professionals they need to help turn their ideas into reality. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Houzz also has international offices in London, Berlin, Sydney, Moscow, Tel Aviv and Tokyo. Houzz is a registered trademark of Houzz Inc. worldwide. For more information, visit houzz.co.uk.